Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

We had such a good weekend with family and friends! Friday night me, Brad and Addi met Janna and Jared at Nikki's - YUM! I really miss seeing them and I want them to move back to Birmingham ASAP! Addi was such a good girl at dinner.

Saturday morning Brad and I drove up to Dogtown and bought some furniture. You remember the furniture that I picked out in an earlier post?? Well I had the intentions of going straight there and purchasing that suite. Of course I let Brad change my mind. We bought something that I normally would not have picked out, but it's definitely more comfortable. We were even able to buy the whole suite and Brad is putting the loveseat in his "man cave". It has a console in the middle where you can put drinks, etc. This is perfect for him! The chair and sofa will go in our living room. We had to order the sofa so that means we have to drive back up there in about a month to pick it up. Maybe by then we will be able to purchase some bedroom furniture too! I hope so! Later that night we went to Kanomi with our CLG. Love me some Japanese food!

Today was my first Mother's Day. It was a VERY special one because Addi was dedicated at church this morning. I just knew I was going to cry, but thankfully I waited until I got home for that! :) After church we went to my parent's house for lunch and then home to nap!




Today I was thinking about the day Addi was born. It was such a scary and exciting day. I had no clue what to expect (or what kind of pain I would be in). Props to all of the woman who choose to have a natural birth. I had an epidural and I was still suffering! After the doctor broke my water, which was the weirdest feeling ever, then the contractions started and I couldn't handle them. My epidural was given around 8:30 am. Around 3:00 pm I began to push and she was born at 5:02 pm. It was the most exhausting experience, but all I wanted to do was hold my precious baby. It was definitely worth the pain and everything I went through. The nurse encouraged us to let them keep Addi in the nursery so we could get some rest. She brought her in to be fed about every 3 hours. The next morning, the nurse noticed Addi was blue and had stopped breathing. She then rushed her to the nursery. Not too long after that she was taken to the NICU where she would spend the first month of her life. One of the best days of my life was followed by one of the worst days of my life.


Right after she was born - 3/4/10


The next day 3/5/10


A lot has changed since 3/5/10. God has performed many miracles in Addi's life. Looking at her now you would never know that she spent the first few days of her life fighting to live. She is such a strong little girl and I'm very thankful God chose me to be her mother.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment