Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend


Well...we got the house!! Saturday, we went and looked at it again.  There is still some work that needs to be done, but thankfully it's not much.  Since it's a foreclosure, ALL of the appliances are gone.   Pretty much all of the light fixtures are gone too.  After we went and looked at the house, we went with my parents to Home Depot.  They bought us a light fixture for the foyer and kitchen as our housewarming present.  Thanks mom and dad! :)  Most of the things that need to be done will have to wait until we sell our house. 

Over the past 5 days Addi has been very congested.  She woke up coughing this morning.  Her pediatrician told me if she's congested for about a week to bring her in.  Well, thankfully the doctor's office was open today.  This morning we woke up and I called and got her an appointment.  Her doctor was off today so we had to see someone else.  Addi has her first cold :(  There's not much we can do about it except keep using the humidifier and saline drops.  The doctor said I did the right thing by bringing her in though.  I figured all of this was caused by her first week in daycare.  She's just not used to being around that many germs.  Hopefully her stuffiness will clear up soon.

On another note, I'm still amazed at how many people prayed for Addi while she was sick.  We keep meeting people who have no clue who we are, but they tell us how much they prayed for her.  It keeps reminding me how important it is to have a daily prayer life.  I'll be honest, I struggle with this.  I pray every day, but not like I should.  It was so easy to be in prayer all of the time while she was in the hospital.  But, now that things are "normal" it's hard to keep up that active prayer life.  One of my goals for this week is to work on my morning quiet time and my time in prayer.  I'm not a morning person, but I realize that spending time with the Lord is the best way to start your day.  Please pray that I stay committed to my quiet times!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the house! We know all about fixing up a foreclosure, so let us know if you need any help with anything. Check out the contractor fixtures, and keep your eyes open. We got some great deals.

    I'm really bad about doing quiet time, too. One thing that works for me is sticking my bible or a little devotional in the bathroom. It's a place you're guaranteed to be sitting for a few minutes and have a second to yourself!

    ReplyDelete