Friday, April 9, 2010

Life Lately

I can't believe it's almost been a week since we brought Addi home! It's been so much fun actually being able to take care of her ourselves. Because we were deprived of being able care for her the first month of her life, it's hard to complain about getting up in the middle of the night or changing dirty diapers. Brad and I have an agreement that I will get up with her during weeknights b/c he has to get up and go to work the next morning and needs his sleep. However, on the weekends, I get to sleep and he will take care of her! I'm excited about actually getting more than 3 hours of sleep at a time tonight! She is such a good baby. She only cries when she is hungry and once she's fed she just looks around observing everything.

We went to the doctor Monday afternoon for her newborn check-up. She was asleep the whole time b/c I had just given her her medicine. They even came in to prick her foot and she slept right through it. Poor baby, she is so used to being poked and prodded it doesn't bother her anymore! She now weighs a whopping 10 lbs. 12 oz. and is 23 inches long!! Big girl! We go back next Wednesday for her 1 month appt.

We will be super busy next week! She has a GI appt. on Monday, 1 month appt. on Wednesday and an appt. with Early Intervention on Thursday. I also have my follow up appt. on Thursday morning. We are so lucky that my mom has an abundant amount of vacation time and can take off work in order to help us out with all of these visits! The photographer is also supposed to come take pictures of her sometime next week. I can't wait for that!!

I haven't taken as many pictures as I had hoped, but here are a few...


No comments:

Post a Comment