Thursday, April 15, 2010

6 Weeks Old

Yesterday, Addi had her one month check up. Because she was in the NICU for so long she is a little behind on her check ups! She weighed 11 lb. 11 oz. and was 22 3/4" long. Dr. Lytle was happy to see her wide awake and was impressed with the way she was moving. They had to prick her foot and she didn't cry at all. However, when it was time for her shot she cried for about 30 seconds and that was it! I was so proud of her!

Today really wore me out! I got up at 1:00am and then again at 4:45am to feed Addi. My mom arrived around 7:30 to help me get Addi ready for our busy day! I had my 6 week check up and that went well. We then went to Hamburger Heaven and ate lunch with Brad before our next appt. Addi slept all through my appt. and lunch! She was such a good girl!

We then arrived at Hand in Hand for our Early Intervention appointment. They evaluated her and decided to qualify her for treatment. For those of you who don't know Early Intervention is a program that works with children who either have been diagnosed with a disability or they are missing at least 25% of a certain motor skill. Addi hasn't been diagnosed nor is she missing any motor skills because she is a newborn. However,because of her brain injury and long stay in the NICU they still want to follow her and make sure she is developing properly and reaching certain milestones. A physical therapist will come to our home and work with her. I think this is a great program and i'm so thankful that they will be working with her. At her evaluation today, they said she was moving around great. They used different shiny and high contrast objects to test her vision. She did awesome! Even though her vision seems to be fine, I'm still going to make an appointment with the neuro-opthamologist.

When we got home this afternoon I fed her and then we laid down for a nap. This was around 4:00. I woke up at 9:00!!!! Brad had come into our room and got her and I never even checked up. I must have been exhausted. I hate when I nap for too long b/c I will be up all night. Oh well...maybe I can get some things done around the house! I have neglected our house and there is so much work to be done. I really really really need a maid! If anyone knows an inexpensive maid please let me know *just don't tell my husband* :)

We have another busy day tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there...I found you through Kelly's Korner and her recent Show us your Life blog hop. I got to looking around your site after seeing some of your posts about your sweet little girl. I saw you mentioned your state's early intervention program as well. I have twin girls (and a toddler son) who were born at 29 weeks and spent 48 days in the NICU...one of our daughters receives Early Steps...our states early intervention program. We love it as well...it such a great help for making sure she gets all the help she needs on meeting her milestones. I am a new follower of yours and look forward to seeing more about your baby girls and your family! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete