Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Evening Visit

I just wanted to post a quick update on our sweet angel. We went to see her this morning and we were able to meet with the neurologist. I'll be honest when I say that I understood hardly anything he said. Next time I might have to ask him to literally explain things to me as if I'm a 5 year old. Haha. He basically said that he feels like she will be weaned off her seizure meds over the next 4-6 weeks. This is good news to me b/c I was scared she would continue to have more seizures. Of course, all of this is based on the results we get from today's EEG and Thursday's MRI. He said she clinically appears to be a healthy baby. I hate to try to explain the rest of the things he said b/c I'm still a little confused and I don't want to pass along information that could be incorrect. Over all, he seemed to be positive about everything.

Tonight, when we went to see her at 9:45 pm, there were still no results on the EEG. She was sound asleep when we got there and the nurse let me hold her for about 30 minutes - I will try to post pics tomorrow b/c I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open right now! We also got to watch her get a bath and be weighed. She was not too happy with the bath! I know it might seem weird but we loved to hear the sound of her cry/wimper during her bath b/c we haven't heard much noise out of her since the night she was born. She weighed 8 lbs. 7.9 oz. Of course we video taped everything! She is now eating 50 ML every 3 hours and they have capped off her IV. It's only going to be used for her antibiotics and seizure medicine for right now.

We are so overwhelmed with the prayers and support for Addi! We are beyond blessed and we can't wait to get our little angel home!!

I hope this post makes sense....I'm too tired to write anymore tonight. I will be sure to update whenever we hear results from the EEG.

Please don't stop praying.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that she's doing so much better! We're still praying and I can't wait for my next trip to Alabama to come hold that sweet baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Beth, you don't know me, but my husband and I are friends of your Aunt Carol's. I just want you to know that I am praying for Addi, and for you and Brad. God is in control, I know that you know that. Keep the faith, because He has something wonderful in store for Addi, I'm sure. God bless all of you.
    Love,
    Joy Dollar
    Alabama

    ReplyDelete