Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Day of Firsts

Today was such a good day! First of all, we slept in until 8:00 and then went to see Addi. She is now being fed by a bottle and is doing so well! I fed her for the first time last night and Brad was able to feed her at her 9:30 feeding this morning. He also hogged her all morning...
We ended up going home for a little while this afternoon and I was able to do some laundry. We managed to sneak in a little nap too! We went back to see her at 5:00 and the nurse told us that they were going to let her go "ad lib" on her feedings - which means they will let her eat as much as she wants. If she sticks with 75 ML then she has to eat every 3 hours, but if she takes in over 105 ML they will let her go every 4 hours. AND this is the good part - they will move he to a crib AND take out the PICC line!!!! This means I get to dress her!!! FINALLY!

During our 8:00 pm visit, they went ahead and moved her to a crib. They are leaving the PICC line in until she finishes her tests that she has in the morning just in case they might need it. Here are some pics of me holding her tonight and her with clothes on. She was not a fan of me putting the clothes on her at first. She pitched a little fit :)
This outfit is almost too small for her! Sorry the pictures aren't the best in the world, but they are off my iPhone b/c I hate dragging around our big camera. Hopefully I can get some better pictures tomorrow. I almost forgot - I changed my first ever "poopie" diaper tonight! Haha!

Please pray:
* Her tests go well in the morning
* She continues to eat well
* There is no permanent brain damage
* The swelling continues to go down

No comments:

Post a Comment