Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Addi can't date until she's 30

We went back to visit Addi around 4;00 this afternoon. They had already performed another x-ray and the doctor said it was looking normal. The way we understand it is they will do one more x-ray in the morning and if that one is normal then they will start the 7-10 days of no feedings.

When we went to see her at 9:30 she was wide awake! We love it when she has her eyes opened looking around. She was moving her arms and legs. I thought she looked so cute with her legs up like a little frog :) Below are a few pictures of our visit...

Tonight Brad had a little talk with Addi. He told her if she scared us again like she did last night that she wouldn't be allowed to date until she's 30. Haha! I think he's already scared to death of the day when she starts to be interested in boys!

We still aren't sure if they are going to do the MRI tomorrow like it was originally scheduled. I guess we will find out in the morning. Please pray that the swelling or any damage done to her brain will be healed. Also, we are still waiting on the EEG results from Monday. Pray for good news!

We don't understand why or how things happen the way they do, but we do know that God's plans are greater than our own. He is the great physician and will heal our little girl - this we are sure of.


  1. Such good news! We serve such an awesome God. Glad that the xrays look better and I will keep praying that she continues to get better. I love the new pictures and can't wait until I can hold her and play with her. Tell Brad that I think 30 sounds like the perfect age to start dating!

  2. Tell Brad we have a cute little boy that he could approve of, LOL. Addie is such a cutie! We are still praying for her.

  3. Hi...Prayers are going up from family in Alex City...became a follower so I could keep up with your new little one.

  4. Hi! I linked to your blog via GBay and knew immediately that Brad's name sounded familiar. We went to junior high together. I am the mother of 2 boys. My oldest was admitted into the NICU at St. Vincents the night he was born. He stayed there a week under the care of Dr. Bruce. He is now 4 1/2 years old. Let me say that in the 4.5+ years of experience I've had as a mother THAT TIME IN THE NICU WAS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MOST DIFFICULT I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED! Dr. Bruce is an intelligent man, but he is going to give the worst case scenario first. You're so wrapped up in the horrible news he just delivered, you can't even focus on the positive. You are tired, homesick, scared, worried...and Mary Beth - you just gave birth for goodness sakes! The days go by slow, information is few and far between and you spend 23 out of 24 days waiting and worried about your child! It's terrifying and exhausting, but somehow, you and Brad are going to make it through this!
    My small piece of advise (well, pieces) - let people help you with the smallest of tasks. My sister-in-law did all our laundry and that was such a blessing to come home to. Our in-laws fed our dogs, checked our mail, etc. Every little thing that someone can do for you is one less thing you have to do so you can focus as much as possible on your daughter. When you bring her home, it's like starting over. She has been in the NICU for a while and gotten accustommed to the fact that the NICU doesn't sleep. When we tried to turn off the lights and sounds in our home, our son cried and screamed. He slept much better in a bassinet by the TV because then he had lights and sounds to accompany him. My nephew was also admitted in the NICU at St. Vincents for jaundice. A nurse told my sister-in-law that they had parents tape-record the sounds from the NICU to play back for the babies at home. Some babies respond well to that once they get home because although it's not home to you and Brad; it's all she's known and it's what she's comfortable with at this point.
    I hope things continue to improve. You have a whole community praying for the 3 of you!

    With love, prayers and support,
    Coe (Wilson) Allen